We’ve all been to Aldi, sweating at the checkout and if you’ve done a large shop you have certainly done the Aldi walk of shame over to the ‘packing area’. I dread the tills in Aldi. Until last month when Trolley Bags contacted me to review their revolutionary shopping bags. I couldn’t refuse as I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
Trolley Bags are a system of four reusable different sized bags connected together with velcro along integrated rails. They come in two sizes, first, one for large deep trolleys and the second type are shallow for express trolleys. Basically, they allow you to pack and sort your groceries with 2 hands as they are scanned through the checkout, halving the time it takes at the supermarket till. And once finished they roll up into a neat little parcel.
A slow-motion movie of squinting as we both prepared as I get closer to the the till, like cowboys getting ready to clutch their holster. And we’re off. Beep. Beep. Beep. I won that checkout race, and each and every time since. No sweating. Just pure smugness waiting on the next item to be scanned. No packing at the window. And without a doubt, those checkout guy scans faster in hope I fail and get all flustered.
Ha! In your face checkout guy!
- Each bag is a different colour so you can organise your shopping into the fridge, frozen, fruit & veg etc.
- They roll up into a neat parcel when not in use and hang neatly on the front of your shopping trolley.
- They don’t take up much space in the boot.
- I’ve yet to forget them so I’ll save money in the long run from buying shopping bags.
- Easy to reassemble after use.
- They are strong, durable and hold up to 15kg.
- Only four bags to carry into the boot and house.
- You won’t ever do the Aldi walk of shame again.
- At first, I didn’t realise how big they actually were and almost broke my back lifting the largest bag into the boot. Don’t fill them to the top.
- You can only use 2 or 3 bags if you have a child sitting in the trolley seat.
- Be prepared for everyone to comment on them when you’re doing your shopping, they are huge conversation starters.
These bags are life changing, who thought something so simple as a reusable bag could make one so happy. I know I sound like me mother and to be honest, I really don’t care. Trolley Bags rock! A set of large pastel Trolley Bags seen above costs €23.99 and they are available to purchase HERE.
I received a set of Trolley Bags in return for an honest review.