In the past week I’ve been inundated with messages, mails and tweets about the babogs Antilop high chairs. So I’ve decided to put together a quick little review and share my love for the Ikea high chair.
I’ve had my fair share of high chairs in the past, including brands like Mothercare, Mama’s & Papa’s and Cosatto. We’ve had our Ikea Antilop now just over a year and bought a second for the little one. Designed stupidly simple with no frills, a white frame, 3 point safety belt, removable tray, no hidden crevasses, lightweight and above all inexpensive. It’s €16 all in including the tray. Whats not to love?
I like the Antilop so much that I’ve turned down two high chair reviews in the recent months because price verse quality this Swedish high chair will win hands down every.single.time.
- Wipe clean
- Easy to assemble and portable
- No hidden crevasses for food to build up
- Doesn’t stain
- Straps are removable
- Very sturdy
- If you have two high chairs they stack once the tray is removed
- Sits at average table height so older toddlers can join in at the dinner table
- IT’S SIXTEEN EURO’S!
- It doesn’t fold (but does come apart easily for storage)
- Only suitable for babies who can sit up unaided
- 3 point harness
- One sitting position (doesn’t recline)
- Sometimes you may have to give the tray a little yank to remove it but that’s never stopped me buying a second
- No foot rest
Highly recommended as a cost effective baby led weaning, traditional weaning or combination weaning high chair. We love it!
Disclaimer – I cannot guarantee you will go to Ikea in search of this high chair and not buy half the store.