We have a My Little Pony fanatic here, she’s unicorn mad. So today we had some one-on-one time and decided to make our very own unicorn horn. She wants to dress as a unicorn for Halloween and this is as far as I’ve got with her ‘costume’. I’m not very patient so I was itching whilst sowing this with the her, the OCD in me wanted it to be perfect but I had to remember she’s five. So our stitching is completely off, it looks more like a p**is than an actual unicorn horn but she thinks I’m deadly, so I’m happy out! (more…)
Anybody who knows me personally would know I’m a hoarder, I cannot throw anything out. Last year I started collecting old and broken crayons with the hope of doing something fun with them and today we did. Kayla and I spent the afternoon upcycling our crayons. This project is the perfect rainy day activity and it kept her entertained. These upcycled crayons would make the cutest homemade gift too.
You will need:
Baking tin or silicon moulds in shape of your choice
How to make you own up cycled rainbow crayons:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Peel and break the crayons to fit your moulds
3. Fill your silicon moulds
4. Pop into the oven until all wax has melted (approx. 10-15 minutes)
5. Allow your melted wax to set before removing
6. Leave your smallies to create, draw and explore with their new rainbow crayons.