Looking for some things to do over the Easter holidays with kids in Ireland? Here’s a list of some of the events and Easter related entertainment to keep the kids occupied for the next two weeks. You can thank me later!
Things To Do Over The Easter Holidays With Kids
- Airfield Estate in Dundrum, Dublin, is hosting an Easter Extravaganza from opening Saturday 24th. Enjoy a self-guided trail amongst their natural woodland environment with all things egg-straordinary as you make your way around. Until Sunday 8th April their woodland will come to life with an installation with a series of oversized decorative eggs giving you lots of information and on all things egg. And on Easter Sunday they will have a trail fact sheet to fill in on your route through their egg tour. Normal admissions apply.
- Dublin Bay Cruises have an offer not to be missed – all children travel free from March 21st – April 2nd. It could make a fabulous day out for all the family.
- The Jervis Shopping Centre is calling all Dinosaur fans for their FREE Dinosaur Day live event is on Saturday 24th March, with shows at 1pm, 3pm & 5pm.
- Brigit’s Garden in Galway is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt for children of all ages and each one who takes part will get a prize too. The Easter Bunny will make an appearance and there will be fun and games throughout the day on April 1st and 2nd from 1pm – 4.30pm. Booking is essential.
- On March 25th The National Gallery will have a FREE art-making workshop for parents and children from 11.30-13.30 in the Atrium. This workshop is suitable for all ages and no booking is required.
- Birr Castle Gardens & Science Centre in Offaly has a real treat in store this Easter break. The new Birr Castle Easter Family Quest which is an alternative to the traditional Easter Egg Hunt will take young, and maybe not so young, explorers on a journey through time, from great engineering feats to wildlife discoveries, and many more highlights in between. Once the young explorers complete the quest they return to the playground kiosk for their Easter treat. The Easter Family Quest runs Saturday 24 March – Sunday 08 April and general admission tickets apply and the Family Easter Quest is included in your ticket price.
- Lismore Castle in County Waterford is the place to be on March 31st. Children of all ages are invited to join them for their annual Easter Egg Hunt. All participants will be provided with a map to guide them around the gardens in search of sculptures and other landmarks. Successful adventurers who reach the end of the trail will receive a chocolate reward. Booking is essential and entry is €5 per child.
- Huntington Castle in County Carlow is hosting an Easter Treasure Hunt with each child receiving a basket and a set of clues for just €6.95 per child. With lots of exploring over April 1st and 2nd, it’s one not to be missed. Booking online is essential.
- Bosco will be landing in House of Fraser in association with Lauralynns Irish Children’s Hospice on Saturday, 31st March at 2pm if you’re around Dundrum Town Center in Dublin.
- There’s fun and games with the Easter Bunny in Stonehall Visitor Farm and Wildlife Park. Limerick, Easter Sunday from 1-3pm. Normal entry fee applies.
- Just 3km outside Saggart Village in Co. Dublin Luggwoods is back open. Luggwoods Enchanted Forest has been transformed into an Easter Extravaganza and you’ll be greeted by their fairy tale characters that will show you to the Easter Bunny’s tractor drawn carriage called “The Luggwoods Express”. Once you board The Luggwoods Express the fairytale characters will guide you on an interactive and fun journey through the Enchanted Forest. Along the way, you will take in the stunning view of Dublin city and help their fairytale characters find the clues that crack the code of the lost letters in the forest. At the Big Red Barn, you’ll meet some Bunnies & Chicks, listen to stories, do some art n crafts and met the Easter bunny himself. He will have an egg for all of the children. It runs from March 24th to April 2nd. Prebooking is essential.
- On March 30th Liffey Valley Shopping Centre in Dublin will be hosting a hunt every hour from 2pm-5pm, five clues will be shared on the Liffey Valley event page. Parents and kids alike will have to solve the Easter Bunny’s Clues and they could win a €100 Liffey Valley gift card.
- Lullymore Heritage & Discovery Park in Kildare are hosting an EGGstra special event where you have to find all the clues hidden throughout the Park, solve Easter Bunny’s puzzle and collect your egg. There will also be prizes of larger eggs each afternoon in the Funky Forest Indoor Play area for everybody who has done the Egg Hunt. It’s running from Saturday, March 31st to April 6th. The Easter Egg Hunt is available throughout the day while the Easter Bunny and fun Easter games start daily in the afternoon. Usual family admissions apply so there is no extra cost for the event.
- For those in Wexford Johnstown Castle have a choice of indoor and outdoor Easter Egg Hunts around the Irish Agricultural Museum and Castle Gardens. There’s no need to book, there’s a prize for all children who take part and it’s suitable for all ages.
- Visit the Easter Bunny at The Chocolate Factory Warehouse in Walkinstown, Dublin. View all the Easter scenes as you queue to see the Easter Bunny at €11 per child. Each child will receive a personalised Easter egg and it runs from today until Easter Saturday.
- If you are about Dun Laoghaire on April 1st between 1-5pm the Rathdown County Council are hosting a Mad Hatters Tea Party. It’s free, there’ll be loads of fun and games including The Teacup Ride, inflatables, face-painting, giant chess and the highlight is an Easter Trial with hundreds of Easter Eggs hidden across Deerpark, Mount Merrion.
- Cork City Gaol is hosting an Easter Bunny Trail taking place from Monday 2nd April until Friday 6th April. There will be prizes for children who find all the bunnies in the treasure hunt. A family ticket of 2 adults and up to 4 children cost €25.
- Butler Chocolate Experience Clonshaugh in Dublin the Butlers Bunnies are getting ready for the Easter Event. Enjoy a tour, meet the Easter Bunny and take part in their Easter Egg hunt in the Mad Hatter’s themed garden. Booking in advance essential.
- Belvedere House Gardens & Park in Westmeath is hosting it’s annual Easter Treasure Trail from March 31st to April 2nd. It’s a Trail with fun tasks that lead to Mr & Mrs Easter Bunny and all kids receive an Easter Egg. Booking is essential.
If you know of other things to do over the Easter holidays with kids over the next two weeks please leave them in the comments below. I’ll try to add them as the days go by.