In light of Plagiocephaly Awareness Day, I’ve been reviewing a Babymoov Lovenest Original pillow suitable from birth up to 4-6 months old. Positional plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome) is diagnosed when a baby’s head is flattened at the back or side. It is caused by pressure on the soft skull bones, which have not yet fused, and become moulded into a different shape. This can occur when an infant spends excessive periods of time lying or resting in the same position on their backs; in pushchairs, car seats, bouncers and cribs.
I had my first encounter with flat head syndrome at Frankie’s six-week check up with the health nurse, completely unaware of the condition and potential problems it could cause I left and purchased clevafoam immediately. After that, I spent months constantly repositioning his head to vary the pressure spots on the skull, thankfully now there are no signs of flat head but it was a constant worry at the time. While the pillow did help I had to replace the casing constantly and found the rise of his neck onto the pillow somewhat uncomfortable looking.
Kadie has a Babymoov Lovenest Original, completely different design, a more comfortable ergonomic design. It features a special incline, to ensure pressure is evenly distributed across babies head, thereby helping maintain the natural curvature of the skull. It’s much prettier too, available in three eye pleasing colours to suit any nursery in a lovely heart shape.
- Helps prevent plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome).
- Ensures good ventilation during sleep and is made from soft, breathable fabrics.
- Suitable from birth and for use in pushchairs, bouncers, cots and cribs.
- Available in a range of colours (blue, smokey & white).
- Suitable from birth to 4-6 months.
- Affordable and competitive price at £14.99 or €21.99
- Machine washable at 30 degrees
- So far so good, I’ve no faults in this product. Maybe they could make an adult size pregnancy moulded one for me, Babymoov could you do that? It’s super-duper soft!
Would I buy a Babymoov Lovenest Original? No, I don’t need to because it comes with a lifetime warranty and will do bump just perfect. I will bring it in my hospital bag and use it from birth. This product would make an unusual but unique new baby or baby shower gift and I highly recommend it. For more information on the Babymoov Lovenest on www.babymoov.co.uk
I received a Babymoov Lovenest Original for the purpose of an honest review.