Realistically babies don’t actually need any Christmas presents but I’ll admit even on my first I spent a ridiculous amount on toys she never played with. I’ve made a list of toys, teethers and stuff I would buy again and again that will double up useful and as a lovely Santa gift if you need to put something under the tree especially if you’ve older kids. They’ll also make great gifts from friends, god parents and grandparents.
1. Sophie the Giraffe is a teething toy made from 100% natural rubber and food grade paint. She’s light to hold and ideal for small hands to grasp. I swear by Sophie. We’ve bought three for Frankie because we kept losing them. He gnawed and chewed happily on them and they were perfect from his little hands. She also squeaks when you press her tummy and head. She is a safe natural teething toy with lots of places to chew on.
2. My First Gadget Set is a fun play smart phone, key fob and remote control. Now over the years I’ve learnt a thing or two about parenting. These three items are the only things your kid will want right through their toddler years. I’m adamant getting them young with their own set they won’t want to chew on the remote or daddies phone. The key ring has lights that activate when your baby presses the button. The smart phone rings, lights up and plays different sounds when the buttons are pressed.
3. Cheer Bear is a very happy Care Bear who helps others see the joyful side of life. She will sometimes even do a cheer to help brighten someone’s day. Just like every baby. I think this is the cutest gift for any little baby to treasure and love for years to come. Wherever she goes, Cheer Bear wears a belly badge of hope and happiness – a rainbow.
4. The ClevaMama Tummy Playmat is designed to make tummy time more enjoyable for baby. The foam in the mat molds to the natural shape of your baby’s body making tummy time more comfortable. I’m a huge ClevaFoam fan. All kids have pillows and the smaller one has a mattress too.
5. Sleepy Tot baby comforters are perfect for bedtime or for when you’re and about. They have little velcro paws which hold onto soothers or teethers which is great to keep them from going missing when in the buggy or in the cot at night. Kadie is getting one of these, I’m at my witts end crawling through Frankie’s room at night frantically looking for his soother.
6. The multi award-winning ‘Gummee Glove‘ is designed to help little ones help themselves. The mitten is made to fit babies aged 3 to 6 months. It’s perfect for youngsters who are too young to hold a teething toy on their own. No more problems with toys falling on the floor or out of the buggy.
The Glove attaches to baby’s hand with a velcro closure at the wrist. It has colourful, biteable side tabs and a detachable heart-shaped silicone teething ring, that can be heat-sterilised or refrigerated. The Gummee Glove is machine-washable in the handy laundry bag that comes with every purchase, and doubles up as a travel bag.
If you enjoyed this gift guide check out Christmas 2015 Gift Guide for Mum