As an expectant mother, you can pretty much get away with anything without the fear of being judged. So aside from the heartburn and sleepless nights, there are loads of bonuses.
Here is a list of some of those things:
1. We get away with rubbing our bellies in public without looking like we’re hungry.
2. We can laugh so hard we pee ourselves. But it’s okay there’s a baby sitting on our bladder.
3. Waddling. There’s a head in our pelvis. Do. Not. Laugh.
4. It’s a bump bonus being able to cut in line to use the toilet.
5. Mood swings and hormones. We can cry for no apparent reason. We can even cry at cute baby commercials.
6. We can eat other people’s food without being forked.
7. We can eat strange food combos.
8. We can eat as much as we want when we want. Sure we are eating for two aren’t we?
9. Some pregnant women express a desire to eat inedible things like coal and chalk. I was one of those women, I ate chalk on my last pregnancy. Not at all weird…
10. We can wake our partners at 3am for a food craving run.
11. We can hog the whole bed and there is nothing they can do about it.
12. Any kind of compliment can be taken completely out of context.
13. We can take mid-morning, afternoon and/or evening naps.
14. We slack on our self-grooming.
15. It can take us anything up to 30 seconds to get out of a chair. Sure we are carrying all the extra weight. Although never mention that.