1. You will no longer laugh at the parents of hurricane hell raising children on Channel 4.
2. Counting to three will be your most commonly used phrase.
3. You will spend most of your days with a howling resident on the bottom step of your stairs.
4. You question how people in bungalows discipline their children.
5. You prefer cuddling and kids movies to hitting pubs and clubs.
6. Your home will be covered in valuable pieces of artwork that didn’t cost you a thing.
7. You will sneak sweets like it’s a contraband substance, soon mastering ramming anything that tastes good into your mouth and be able to exchange conversation with your small normally.
8. It doesn’t matter how many books, magazines and articles you read about caring for your child, every child is different and they all progress at their own pace.
9. Everything you do is an adventure.
10. Showering with a locked door behind you is a luxury.
11. Children do not understand why a mammy would ever want to have any privacy.
12. You will inherit ‘shower schizophrenia’, a constant belief your baby is crying whilst you shower.
13. You often finish up showering with only one leg shaved and have you will have a frequent presence of unwashed conditioner in your hair.
14. You may have an audience whilst showering, shouting the most awkward of questions.
15. You will never wear white again.
16. Children have one level of volume, LOUD!!
17. You are easily manipulated by puppy-dog-eyes.
18. Your washing basket will never be empty.
19, If you mop the floor, it’s guaranteed they will spill something.
20. You will spend most of your days threatening to throw away their toys, if they don’t clean them up.
21. It is perfectly acceptable to sniff a childs butt in public.
22. You can do almost anything with one hand.
23. You will re-define “sleeping-in” to any time past 7:30am.
24. You will have impeccable packing skills.
25. That it’s very rewarding to have a purpose other than yourself.
26. You will realize how amazing it is to watch children grow. Observing the confident-creative little people they become.
27. You will be wiping butts for eternity.
28. There will be a never ending trail of mush, crumbs and spills.
29. An early night is going to bed the same time as your children.
30. You will use baby wipes to clean almost everything from random spills to your whole bathroom.
31. You will have perfected the straight that’s-not-funny face when it’s actually quite hilarious.
32. You will never judge a stranger on their child’s behaviour. If anything you will sympathize.
33. Bedtime will become one of your favourite times of the day.
34. You need caffeine to get through your day.
35. Children get inhuman bursts of energy at bedtime
36. Silence is not golden. Never trust a quiet toddler.
37. Your food always looks tastier.
38. You wouldn’t change anything.